Nestlé Waters supports World Water Day around the world for the fifth year running through a cooperative approach :
More than 500 employees in around 30 countries are welcoming 15 000 children, as well as fellow collaborators and local communities, to fun, interactive events focused on increasing awareness about water conservation and healthy hydration.
The majority of these events are based on educational activities developed by Nestlé Waters’ long-term partner, The Project WET Foundation (Water Education for Teachers).
Nestlé Waters’ efforts on World Water Day are part of Nestlé’s commitment to water stewardship to guide its actions, starting with continuously improving water efficiency in its operations and extending to raising awareness about water access and conservation amongst its stakeholders.
For Marco SETTEMBRI, President and CEO of Nestlé Waters: “Water is an essential and fragile resource. From our responsibility regarding water preservation to our major role in promoting healthy hydration, Nestlé Waters is fully engaged in informing and educating local communities on the value of freshwater. The large involvement of our teams in the World Water Day celebration is one of the most visible testimonies of our corporate commitment.”
About World Water Day 2014
• World Water Day is an international event organised by the United Nations to draw attention to the importance of freshwater and is celebrated every year on March 22nd.
• The 2014 event is taking place under the theme of “Water and Energy”.
About World Water Day 2014 at Nestlé Waters
• School children and local partners are invited to take part in educational activities developed by the Project WET Foundation. These activities focus on water conservation and healthy hydration. In addition to organising the events, employees are also engaged in leading the activities or learning more about water as part of internal events.
• In 2014, World Water Day is being celebrated by around 30 countries
• Close to 15 000 children are participating
• More than 500 employees are contributing in different ways
About Project WET:
first launched in 1984 in the United States, Project WET is a non-governmental organisation (NGO) that develops educational tools to increase awareness of water amongst children. Nestlé Waters has been one of their major partners since 1992.
About Nestlé Waters:
Founded in 1992, Nestlé Waters is the water division of the Nestlé Group. Nestlé Waters employs 33 500 people and is present in 130 countries with a portfolio of more than 60 brands including Nestlé Pure Life, Perrier, S. Pellegrino, Poland Spring, Vittel, Buxton, Erikli ...
For more information:
Nestlé Waters press contact: