Henri Nestlé establishes his first lemonade and water bottling factory. More on Nestlé History
Acquisition of a 30% stake in the Société Générale des Eaux Minérales de Vittel, in France.
Acquisition of the German Blaue Quellen group.
Nestlé S.A. takes a majority stake in Vittel.
Acquisition of the Source Perrier S.A. Nestlé becomes the leading player on the world bottled water market, under the name Nestlé Sources International (NSI).
NSI changes its name to accelerate its international development and becomesPerrier Vittel S.A.
- Take-over of Italy’s leading bottled water producer, Sanpellegrino S.p.A.
- Launch of Nestlé Pure Life, the first multi-site bottled water under the Nestlé brand.
Perrier Vittel becomes Nestlé Waters.
Nestlé Waters celebrates its tenth anniversary and acquires Europe's leading HOD company, the Powwow Group.
Nestlé Waters expands its business activity in Asia (in South Korea and Indonesia) through external growth.
Nestlé Waters further develops its business on the African continent via the launch of Nestlé Pure Life in Nigeria and the creation of a partnership in Algeria.
Nestlé Pure Life becomes the Group's leading brand.
Nestlé Waters acquires Sources Minérales Henniez S.A. and becomes the Swiss leader in the bottled water market.
- Joint venture agreements signed in Mexico and Chile.
- NESTLÉ PURE LIFE , has become in just a decade the world's leading bottled water brand, with 5 billion litres sold worldwide.
Nestlé Waters opens a Home & Office Delivery water bottling factory in Coruche (Portugal).
Nestlé Waters establish a distribution agreement with Ambev in Brasil.
- Official opening of the new factory in Buxton (United Kingdom)
- New factory in Pocheon Edong (South Korea) with Pulmuone Waters
- Acquisition of the Mineral water spring Vale do Sol in Brasil
Nestlé Waters North America launches ReadyRefresh by Nestlé®, a new nationwide identity for its Home & Office Delivery service.
- Nestlé Waters opens a Nestlé Pure Life factory in Abaji (Nigeria).
- Sanpellegrino Group opens a state-of-the-art bottling plant in Castrocielo (Italy) for the Nestlé Vera brand.
- Nestlé S.A. celebrates its 150th anniversary.
- Nestlé Waters undertakes to certify all its sites by 2025 in accordance with the Alliance for Water Stewardship.
- European Federation of Bottled Waters makes two pledges: 90% of PET bottles will be collected by 2025, and new bottles will contain at least 25% recycled PET.